ICTs for a business aim at gathering, analyzing, and distributing intelligence about products, customers, competitors, and any aspect of the environment needed to support executives and managers in strategic decision making for an... more
ICTs for a business aim at gathering, analyzing, and distributing intelligence about products, customers, competitors, and any aspect of the environment needed to support executives and managers in strategic decision making for an enterprises. However, there is barely any business and competitive intelligence knowledge management among small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Zambia. To understand the problem, the study focused on ICTs utilization and the significance of technology to business strategy among the households and the small and medium-sized enterprises’ (SMEs) in Zambia, with Chingola for our case study. Zambia has seen its fair share of the development of the communication infrastructure, not to forget that it housed the communication hub for SADC and COMESA states. Coupled with the introduction of computer studies in secondary schools, the country is supposed to see a notable improvement in ICT utilization at household levels for business strategies. However, just like any developing economy, they are a few hindering blocks which are slowing down the ICT industry to directly boost the business industry at household and SME levels. This study’s main objective was to establish how the households and SMEs can fully utilize the benefits of using technologies that come with ICTs, and to establish what is causing the ICTs and technology underutilization among the households and SMEs in Zambia, especially among the Chingola residents. To achieve the main objective, a number of secondary objectives were generated, which included establishing: the average estimate percentage of people who use technologies to forecast and advertise their business goods and services using ICTs. To establish whether households have the ability to choose the appropriate technologies and understand the concrete benefits it can bring to their business, what is causing the households and SMEs to be hesitant in engaging in e-business and e-commerce, if households are willing to pay for more complex ICT products and services like the large business institutions? In addition, to establish whether they is enough support from the private and the government agencies for the SMEs, to utilize fully the ICTs and other technologies for their business strategies. The researcher used the descriptive method of research to gather information about present existing condition as respondents saw them. The research also employed a qualitative approach, which aimed at obtaining none numerical findings from the survey while the quantitative approach focused on obtaining numerical findings from the survey that is to be employed. In addition, the data collected was later triangulated. The population for this study comprised of households and SMEs in Chikola, Lulamba, and Chiwempala townships, Chingola. The research employed a sample of randomly selected 90 households from the townships, who were selected for the qualitative and quantitative data collection method using questionnaires. The research yielded that most of the respondents on average have at least two of the ICT devices per household, for which they use quite often in a day and a week for their various day-to-day business and household related purposes. In addition, most households claimed to have done business using either a computer or smartphone’s internet or a phone services (like calling or texting), in the last few days, weeks and/or months. Among the findings, included, the majority of the respondents felt that more measures should be introduced by the government to support households or small and medium scale businesses (SMEs) in improving and increasing ICT utilization, and that there are not enough financing options to support them to purchase computers or any ICT solutions to facilitate the Zambian businesses. Most households and SMEs in Zambia lack the necessary applications and software to use for business and competitive intelligence knowledge management. Thus, most of the research respondents feel they too could have similar business ICT applications and products used by large enterprises be designed for them be necessarily and affordable. Most respondents when asked if they were to acquire an application or an ICT tool to assist them with their business for household economic related business, the responses where overwhelming. At least, a computer mostly a laptop, a smart phone, a tablet and internet for advertising, research, communication purposes, easy online purchasing, and storing business related information, meeting the demands of the customer and the market, for as effective competition-enabling tools. In addition, the respondents feel the ICT tools can be used for gathering world-market news and events, searching for other products and services online, for accessing and managing my finances, and planning and managing the business. Some respondents felt a router for connecting multiple ICT tools together and for sharing data from the server would be necessary, and a modem would help them connect to the internet.
A List Of Fresh Communication Technology Essay Topics
Communication technology essay topics can include a wide range of ideas. You may have learned new things so far in this field that could serve as a great topic idea. Because this industry affects a large number of people on a regular basis, you may want to consider topics that provide statistical data on changes being made and the future outlook of the industry. Since there are various broad topics you can write about for an essay, here are 10 ideas to consider that may inspire an original topic of your own.
- How had television changed the way the world is viewed? A technology essay can review ways people view things differently because of television.
- Has the internet become more reliable for news than television? More people use the internet on a regular basis and watch everything using it including television shows, news and weather.
- Has technology helped to censor more inappropriate content shared on TV or the internet? A technology essay can explore what needs to changed or improved in relation to censorship of content through media.
- Are automated voice systems helpful or hurtful to a company and their customer service relations? A communication technology essay can explore pros and cons of using automated voice systems.
- Are more people dependent on computers? In recent years a number of studies claim people may use them to do just about everything including grocery shopping.
- Should cellphones have the option to shop over the internet? An essay can discuss advantages and disadvantages of using cellphones to access the internet.
- Has social media encouraged positive or negative communications among people? More people may use social media to connect with others, but is more communication considered negative or positive for social media users?
- How has communication technology helped companies hire more people? What areas of technology have help companies grow at a faster pace? What are areas that may have a negative effect on hiring?
- The growth of telecommuting. A communication technology essay paper can explore ways the concept has helper more people be able to work from home or telecommute instead of having a traditional job.
- How technology plays a huge role in helping people obtain an education. How are more people able to obtain certifications and degrees much faster?